Booker Park is a large primary special school of 220 pupils for children with a broad diversity of complex needs including Profound and Multiple, Severe and Moderate Learning Difficulties. Almost half of the pupils have an additional diagnosis of an autistic spectrum condition.
We are fortunate to have wonderful facilities, including two large halls, a computer room, a hydrotherapy pool, a soft play room, a library, a family room, an observational mirror room, dark room and sensory theatre. We have lots of wonderful outdoor spaces, including our new MUGA and new outdoor learning space. The school has a number of minibuses including those with a tail lift to ensure our children can access the community for learning. We also have a number of meeting and training rooms which provide a comfortable environment for parents to meet as well as being an excellent location for courses and workshops.
We strongly believe in the benefits of multi-professional working, and have on site speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and physiotherapists, and a school nurse.
Our Vision and Values
Inspire – Enable – Achieve
Our vision as a Federation is to provide a supportive but challenging multi-professional approach to the education of all the young people in our care, enabling them to achieve the greatest possible level of independence and inclusion.
Essential to this is:
- The aspiration to be a centre of excellence working with others to support all young people with special educational needs to reach their potential
- The dedication and commitment of staff to their own development, encouraging and supporting them through challenging training, enabling them to be an example of best practice
- The support and motivation of every pupil to gain knowledge, skills and attitudes required for their future, whether this be another school setting, college or into the adult world
- The provision of a stimulating and challenging range of exciting learning opportunities and environments
- Our partnership with families and our community
For a larger version of the Vision, click on the image
The purpose of our curriculum is to inspire and enable children, in order that they can achieve and play an active role in their own lives, being able to self-advocate and to engage in the world around them.
Please see below for our full curriculum statement.
For further information please contact:
Bethan Lang (Deputy Head)