Booker Park is a large primary special school of 220 pupils for children with a broad diversity of complex needs including Profound and Multiple, Severe and Moderate Learning Difficulties. Almost half of the pupils have an additional diagnosis of an autistic spectrum condition.
We are fortunate to have wonderful facilities, including two large halls, a computer room, a hydrotherapy pool, a soft play room, a library, a family room, an observational mirror room, dark room and sensory theatre. We have lots of wonderful outdoor spaces, including our new MUGA and new outdoor learning space. The school has a number of minibuses including those with a tail lift to ensure our children can access the community for learning. We also have a number of meeting and training rooms which provide a comfortable environment for parents to meet as well as being an excellent location for courses and workshops.
We strongly believe in the benefits of multi-professional working, and have on site speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and physiotherapists, and a school nurse.
Our Vision and Values
Inspire – Enable – Achieve
Our vision as a Federation is to provide a supportive but challenging multi-professional approach to the education of all the young people in our care, enabling them to achieve the greatest possible level of independence and inclusion.
Essential to this is:
- The aspiration to be a centre of excellence working with others to support all young people with special educational needs to reach their potential
- The dedication and commitment of staff to their own development, encouraging and supporting them through challenging training, enabling them to be an example of best practice
- The support and motivation of every pupil to gain knowledge, skills and attitudes required for their future, whether this be another school setting, college or into the adult world
- The provision of a stimulating and challenging range of exciting learning opportunities and environments
- Our partnership with families and our community
At Booker Park we follow the Booker Park Curriculum which has been designed to meet the needs of the children in the school. It is informed by the National Curriculum, the Equals Curriculum, the Barrs Court Curriculum (written specifically for children working below P4) and was written in consultation with staff, parents, Governors and the other professionals we work with.
Click the button to see a model of our curriculum which shows the different areas that we work on.
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.